5 years’ experience in structured cabling and associated skills.
- Must possess good management skills to include:
- Ability to manage small to medium size projects.
- Ability to plan and schedule both labor and material resource requirements to effectively meet the requirements of the project.
- Effective and productive use of a small size technical staff.
- Labor hour tracking against a budget and project schedule.
- Material management and tracking against budgeted quantities.
- Must be able to get a government clearance
- Must possess good customer skills to include:
- This person must be able to clearly communicate with the customer and support their needs. Present a professional appearance and provide a “Comfort level” to the customer that his requirements are being met.
- Attend as needed meetings with the customer and present well for Netcom. Must be able to clearly communicate current status, future plan of action, problem issues and resolution and general information about the project.
- Must possess good reporting skills to include:
- Reporting of manpower needs per the project plan.
- Reporting of manpower use on the project daily to the PM.
- Reporting and tracking of materials to the job site on a daily basis to the PM, include timely delivery of packing slips.
- Reporting on installation personnel for raise/review or termination criteria.
Technical and Productivity Ability
- Must possess good technical and productivity skills in the mandatory categories:
- All aspects of copper cable plant.
- Cat 5e, Cat 6 cable plants.
- Multi-pair riser and tie cabling.
- All aspects of fiber cable plant.
- Singlemode installation and termination to include polishing connectors.
- Multimode installation and termination to include polishing connectors.
- Must have working knowledge and be proficient with all types of test equipment.
- Cat 5e and Cat 6 tester of various manufacturers. (WireScope and Fluke are Netcom’s main pieces of test equipment).
- Fiber light source and power meter tester (WireScope, Corning, and Noyes are Netcom’s main pieces of test equipment).
- OTDR (Noyes and Fluke are Netcom’s main piece of equipment).
- Should be proficient at all of the above references mandatory technical capabilities to get work done ahead of schedule and on budget or better.
- Should be able to instill this same thought process and philosophy in the personnel under your direction.
- Should be developing excellent troubleshooting techniques
- Must be a BICSI Certified Installer and or in the process of attaining a BICSI Certification.
- Must be certified by at least two equipment manufactures.
- Netcom’s main product lines are:
- Telecommunications: 2 years