Immediate full-term position for a Cable Technician to perform the installation and maintenance of structured cabling systems for telecommunications, security, CCTV, audio-visual, wireless, DAS and other low voltage technologies.
Location: Washington, D.C. metropolitan area
- Physically install category 6 and 6a, fiber optic and other low voltage cabling systems.
- Installation of outlets, pulling cable, fire stopping and termination including organizing, dressing and labeling cables to industry standards
- Terminate, assemble and install modular jacks, coaxial connectors, fiber optic connectors and various other connectors
- Accurately test copper and fiber cables to required certification parameters utilizing appropriate test equipment
- Diagnose and correct copper and optical fiber problems
- Install security cameras, field devices and access control systems
- Install audio-visual systems including hanging TV’s, installing speakers, devices and head-end equipment
- Install cables and connectors for DAS systems
- Removal and demolition of abandoned cables
- Maintain and reference industry standards including EIA/TIA, and local and National Electric Code
- Perform site surveys, read and use blueprints and floor plans and conduct visual site inspections
- Determine closet and equipment layouts and install closet hardware including backboards, connecting blocks, racks, patch panels, fiber enclosures and communications equipment
- Install cabling support systems including ladder racks, cable trays and J-Hooks
- Install equipment grounding and bonding systems as per standards
- Perform cable splices for copper and optical fiber (mechanical and fusion)
- Perform cable testing with equipment such as Fluke DTX1800
- Prepare and install machine printed labels with portable label makers such as Brady, P-Touch, Dymo, etc.
- Use electric drills and powder actuated fastening systems
- Attend training and safety meetings and work safely at all times utilizing the necessary Personal Protection Equipment
- Demonstrate safe working practices to other technicians
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Possess a high level of independent judgment within established procedures
- Minimum 1 year of directly related experience
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of LAN/WAN topologies and cabling standards
- Good written and verbal communication skills (fluent in English)
- Electrical experience a plus
- Security experience a plus
- Car ownership a plus
- Strong leadership skills a plus
- Able to work days, nights and weekends
- Strong attention to detail, quality and cleanliness
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Able to work in the Washington DC metro area
All positions require background check, drug test and reference checks. Please submit a recent resume along with your current job status and salary requirements.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
EO Media Services is a drug free workplace. EOMS is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, criminal conviction, domestic violence victim status, and/or military status.
- High school or equivalent
Required license or certification:
- Driver’s License
Give us a call or send a message.
(P) (301) 742-3981
Cheltenham, MD, 20623