CABLE TECHNICIAN 1
Work involves installing, maintaining, and routing cabling systems, apparatus, and electrical/electronic components of industrial machinery and equipment. The National Electrical Code and all other applicable standards and specifications are followed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate safe work habits, comply with company safety requirements
- Understand the Industry and the Standards involved
- Install and terminate CAT* cable
- Install and terminate fiber optic cable
- Conduct Service Calls Projects as needed/necessary
- Test both copper and fiber cables
- Read blueprints – apply specifications
- Feel comfortable with Microsoft Office computer platforms
- BICSI Certified a plus
- Self-driven – able to work with limited supervision
- Moves/handles various equipment and spools of wire
- Proper care for material, tools, and equipment
- Assist by performing various tasks
- Operates power tools such as drills, saws, pullers, tuggers, etc.
- Requires knowledge of process, procedures, and methods
- Requires the use of common courtesy in everyday contacts with employees, clients, and the general public
- Required to carry a pager or cell phone and be on-call when necessary
- Night/weekend work as required
- Work as required in varying weather climates
- The ability to travel out of town and stay overnight as required
- Teach, train, and guide electrical apprentices working under BICSI Certified installation managers.
- Must be able to physically lift up to and in excess of 75 pounds
- Must be able to climb ladders and steep stairs, crawling, standing, stooping, bending, crouching, kneeling, sitting, reaching, pushing and pulling objects
- Repetitive use of arms, hands, and fingers
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment
- Ability to work at elevated heights on ladders and/or scaffolds
- Specific vision abilities required
- Must be able to physically work up to ten to twelve hour days
- Physical work is a primary part (more than 70%) of the job
Associate’s degree (A. A) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or one or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.